My Journey throuh Hell in hopes to find Heaven and my little star waiting for me up there. Warning: Not wirtten in any sugar coated, rainbow farting unicorn style. This is the deep dark, REAL truth to the emotions and feelings that come along with losing a child. You can find Stella's complete birth story --->HERE<---.Thank you for reading. I hope this helps others going through such tragic times as much as writing each day helps me grieve and cope.
Music has been a center in my life and well being for as long as i can remember. From the time i was small and my mother played "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" on a Saturday morning while we all cleaned to the day i found out i was pregnant with my daughter Briana and listened to "Low Mans Lyric" from Metallica over and over and cried my eyes out. Certain songs just speak to my soul like no other words could communicate. After life changing events, you often notice songs you never have or songs you've known for years on a deeper level, and they speak directly to you like they never have before. After Stella left my arms and flew into Jeasus' i was reintroduced to songs i have loved forever, but in a whole new light. These songs have took on a whole new meaning in the way i perceive the lyrics and how i feel when i listen to them. That, i have been told, is a main reason why people love music in the first place. Because they have a connection that sparks feelings that speak to them when they listen to it, that reminds them of some time, place, or feeling they've experienced in their life time. Last night at work our satellite radio was busted so we decided to listed to a CD i made for the bar when i first started at the Grand. EVERY song that played, was almost like i was listening to them for the first time. and in a way i was. It was the first time, "after Stella" that i had heard how these songs now speak to me, and at work. I fought back tears as the songs played, one after another, but relished in the meaning they now held for me. My LOVE i felt for my daughter, the deep rooted LOSS, the MEMORY of her, all braided together in feelings that were all new for me, but so deeply rooted in my being already. God Bless and Thank you for reading <3
I agree. Music does definitely speak to us in a deeper way after experiencing certain things. Right after my daughter passed, there were certain songs I would listen to over and over and over again. So now whenever I hear those same songs it reminds me of the lowest point in my life. And although it doesn't bring back those same strong emotions that I had when I was listening to them then, it's definitely a familiar feeling. I'll NEVER forget what those songs spoke to me during that time.
1 comments:
I agree. Music does definitely speak to us in a deeper way after experiencing certain things. Right after my daughter passed, there were certain songs I would listen to over and over and over again. So now whenever I hear those same songs it reminds me of the lowest point in my life. And although it doesn't bring back those same strong emotions that I had when I was listening to them then, it's definitely a familiar feeling. I'll NEVER forget what those songs spoke to me during that time.
Post a Comment