Today is my sister Katie's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) and it is also my aunt Tina's 1year heavenly birthday. On days like today the perspective on life and death become clearer and easier for me to see. There is a very faint thin line that separates the two dimensions. We walk foot on foot, side by side, heart in heart.
Life is a fragile, easy thing to lose and can happen at a drop of a dime at anytime.
Days like birthdays should be celebrated for that reason. You are here and with us, now. Everything could change tomorrow we would never know. So many people take for granted the time they have here on earth with the ones they love, people let the time pass by without really living in it, feeling it, experiencing it, loving it. I have done this a lot through out the days in my life myself. Last winter was a really rough one on that perspective. I thought death couldn't have been more in my face at the time. My aunt Tina passed and then two days later my Ex sister in law passed as well. Both of their tragedies and demise came to us with great surprise. Then in February I fell pregnant with Stella and was granted a newfound joy and excitement of life growing inside me, just to experience that great loss again this fall. Is there something I am missing, a part of life I am not experiencing enough that God has to remind me of death so often? To take a child so close to life? A dream of a lifetime faded to a reminder that death is the ONLY thing guaranteed to us, promised to us in this life.
Live your life, fully everyday. Love those you have in your life and appreciate them fully, daily. Experience the moments in your days fully; good or bad, easy or trying, happy or sad. Celebrate your birthday for its the day you became you, filled with life, able to experience everything this world has to offer, feelings only this life will bring. Birth is a blessing, life is a blessing. Everyday a life is made and everyday a life is gone, forever.
Live Love and Experience
~Krystal
4 comments:
Today is a great reminder to appreciate life! I, too have expirienced grief with joy so much lately... it reminds me to tell those close to me that I love them! I love you, Krystal May! I love that you have this blog! xoxo Karie Anne
I love that you have this blog also. It is so beautiful to be able to express yourself at all emotions. Your words put me through a roller coaster of feelings, and that makes me love you more. Life is beautiful and so are you Krystal.
You know what they say "You may not remember what someone did or said but you'll always remember how they made you feel"
Thanks for reading, both of you <3
Beautiful post!
Post a Comment