Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bird on the wing

This is one of the songs I had played on a slide show at Stella's service, also my favorite. It really hits home for me. I can turn this song on and just cry, which is a good way to feel better. Sometimes that is all i need (figuretivly speaking) is a good hard cry, at least once a day. 

Bird on the Wing By: The Big Wu

October afternoon, alone, in pain, and scared

Walking on the fringe of a disease

She’s been holding on, for so very long

Resigning to the tune written in the wind


Before her song she drew a silent breath

Turning inward, almost deafening

The sound escapes a definition, I confess

Coming to a breathless reckoning


Like a chime in the wind she sings me a song

Keep the faith and you’ll never walk alone

Beckoning, she’s singing her song

Lord, I hope she don’t take too long


Lifetimes slip away sure as time goes by

Circumstance slips beyond my control

I took it to heart, there was nothing else I could say

She took it upon herself to sing:


Like a bird in the wind, volatile and strong

The winds of change won’t steer you wrong

Adrift and free, singing her song

Lord I hope she don’t take too long


By a twist of fate, and a show of hands

For the grace of age and life’s lost plans

There’s nothing lost, if there’s nothing chanced

This bird in flight is free at last


I’m on my way to a different shade

Somewhere between pale love and blue

Written in a song, it’s her torch that I hold

Like all birds that sing, she up & flew-


She’s a bird on the wing, volatile and free

Singing with the changes in the wind

October breeze, carries her song

Lord, I hope she don’t take too long


It’s a lesson to me I should have known all along

Spread your love and you’ll never walk alone

Written in the wind, this night carries her song

Lord, I hope she don’t take too long

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved