Saturday, March 24, 2012

SOTD~The Wheel

I was riding in my car on the way to my mothers yesterday. We have been making home made flowers for my aunts funeral which is today. The weather lately had been sunny, beautiful and distracting. But yesterday the weather matched the mood. Rainy, overcast, reflective. Just as today is. The entire day was quite bittersweet. My brother greeted his second daughter into the world yesterday. And, as I am elated for them, my wounds still sting. So right off I was in a dismal mood, weepy through out the day over my aunts passing and my nieces arrival.  As I was driving out to my mothers house I was shuffling thorough CDs in the changer thinking to my self I need to hear something, but I really didn't know what. Like everything lately. I know I need something, but I dont know WHAT! This song came on. A Live version that was created so beautifully and artistically on their instruments by one of my all time favorite bands, The Grateful Dead. It really hits home on an abundant amount of emotions. Just what I needed honestly. I balled and the tight bundle of emotions gave way to some releif. The day still left me in a complete meloncholy and reflective mood, but I made it though. Now to get through today......
One day at a time.

The Wheel

Lyrics By: Robert Hunter
 
The wheel is turning and you can't slow down
You can't let go and you can't hold on
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will
Won't you try just a little bit harder
Couldn't you try just a little bit more
Won't you try just a little bit harder
Couldn't you try just a little bit more
Round, round, Robin run around
Gotta get back where you belong
Little bit harder, just a little bit more
Little bit further than you gone before
Small wheel turning by the fire and rod
Big wheel turning by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn round
Bound to cover just a little more ground

Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved