Wednesday, June 15, 2011

God vs Nature



I was reading a book called "Life Touches Life" about a mother who lost her daughter Victoria to stillbirth at full-term. In the book there is a chapter on God. In that chaper a friend of hers suggested that maybe it was not God who "took" her daugther, but it was God who had mercy on her to bring her home when he did. This mother suffered from an infection that took her daughters life. The friend was saying that infections do nasty stuff to the brain and if she would've lived she may have had some real suffering all through out her life. Maybe it was Gods mercy to keep her from that suffering on this earth and in this life.
I dont know what happened to Stella, there was no known medical reason for why she died. But if it was something like a lack of oxygen because of cord compression, or because she was laying on her placenta the whole pregnancy, or an infection that was never found that had hurt her. I will never know. But when she was born she wasn't breathing and didn't have a heart beat that i know of. If she wouldve survived the resuscitation maybe she wouldve been mentally retarded for her entire life, or had a disease that wouldve caused pain and suffering if she were here. Maybe it was just Gods mercy to take her home.
Nature is a BITCH and treats everyone alike, a mercy-less bitch. No one is exempt from what nature can do to you or your children. Its god that has the mercy to bring us home.

2 comments:

Mami Niqee said...

Krystal, I completely agree with this! With IUGR most babies have neurological problems and end up having disabilities and delays. I like to think that God took Azalea because she was suffering. He spared her a lifetime of suffering and I am happy she is in heaven. Stella's heart stopped for a reason. Even though they didn't find anything something caused it. God probably took her because she was or would have been suffering. If not she'd still be here. We may never know but thinking this way may help you come to terms with Stella's passing. I am glad you are thinking this way (:

asplendidtime said...

Just wanted you to know that I am reading. I don't know really what to say, but I am praying for you. I am sorry that there are so many questions and unknowns. I would just find that so hard.

((((((hugs))))))
~Rebecca

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved