Monday, July 18, 2011

How I "heal" or am I?

I have been pretty proactive with my grief from the very beginning of this nightmare. I joined various support groups online and started blogging and journaling from the very start. I openly talk about my daughter Stella and about how i feel from day to day. Some groups i am involved with i feel like i am not healing properly compared to many of these other women. I am nearly 9 months out and some days i think i am emotionally worse off than i was at 2 or 3 months out. I feel as though i have been growing cold deep inside my soul. My emotions have been so severed that i don't feel the emotions i once did at all. The love, the joy, the excitement. NONE of those feelings seem to even reside in my soul any longer. I can go about and do things i love, things that used to make me bubble over with joy and i feel so distant and sad. Like i am not even living this life, i am mearly watching the world as it drifts by and i just DO whatever it is i have to to get by. I don't FEEL any of it like i used to. I have overwhelming feelings of anxiety, anger, sadness, loneliness, an urge to explode from the inside out, nausea, a LOT of nausea, impatience. Deep with in my "chakrahs" i feel just negative.  I feel like my emotions just completely control everything about be. My thoughts and actions. What happened to all the love and joy that used to consume me? Is this how i have to continue to "live" though this life? I swear the Doctors pulled out my soul when Stella died and everything good about be died with her. Maybe i was suppose to go too? I don't know. But this life no longer feels at all like it should, at all. I spend a great deal of my quiet time praying and talking with God, praying for others and strength for myself. Still i have this empty space that has been flooded with such negative emotions. Its a HUGE space at that too. What do I need? I just don't know. I surely feel as though i am just not good at this. Those women who write and talk about how everything is so beautiful now, that this experience has made them more compassionate and loving. More appreciative for life and caring for others. How their child's death has brought forth so many beautiful things in their lives. I just DON'T get that shit!? EVERYTHING about this nightmare has brought forth HORRID emotions, this is the SHITTIEST experience EVER! I don't feel ANYTHING GOOD has come from this, at all. Its horrible and i REALLY FEEL it should have NEVER happened. at all. Its WRONG! I HATE THIS!!!!!
Why do they get off somehow with some beauty from this hell? Am i not good enough? Have i surely been punished and have to endure this for all this life? Is it all just that shitty now and i am fucked? I sure feel like it. i keep trying, and doing and whatever it is i "do" with nothing but death lurking in me. Who knows maybe someday it will "pass" or maybe i will.  I just don't know. All i do know is how i feel about it all. and that isn't good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Krystal, everyone grieves in a different way. There is no reason that your way is the "wrong" way. You have always been very on touch with your feelings and emotions, and have suffered the unimaginable. Just because others have seemed to move on, doesn't mean they really have. I can't imagine the ability to move on from something like this. I know that you pray a lot, yet maybe you need something more than that. Maybe you need someone to talk to about it, in the flesh and not just online. A support group that will pray with and for you.
Don't compare your way of dealing with things to those of others, EVERYONE is different. Situations are different.
I don't believe that you will live in the deep grief that you are in right now for the rest of your life. I feel there is something, or a multitude of somethings, that you are here for, and will accomplish when your soul is ready to take that on. Right now, you just have to keep pushing forward, keep healing yourself. The joy for life will come back, you have to let it. I love you dearly, little sister.

mrssapigao09 said...

I don't know what to say Krystal. I know exactly how you feel but I haven't felt that way since I first lost Azalea. I really just can't be angry anymore because Azalea really did do a lot for me. I wrote a blog about it. I just can't help but feel happy when I think about her. I KNOW I WILL see her again one day which is what keeps me going. This is only temporary. I hold on to Jesus to ensure that I will see Azalea again one day. When I first lost Azalea I didn't want to live. I really had thoughts of killing myself. But if we do that we wouldn't go to heaven with our babies, we'd go to hell! I know that my son keeps me going as well. You have to stay strong for your kids. You just can't give up, who will they have? I hope you find some happiness soon Krystal♥

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved