The 5 stages of grief.
"They" say there is 5 stages to grief, all in a pretty little order in which we as humans must follow. Moving steadily from one stage to another, like climbing stairs. And once you reach #5 you will be all better. Accept and move on.
6 months is the recommended time allowance for these stages. Or some psychologists (drug companies) say you, if unable to work through these stages properly are just a depressed person who needs drugs.
...
S.M.H.
No.
There is no cookie cutter grief map.
There are not just 5 steps, stages or hurdles to leap.
There are more steps to grief then all the ones I take in a day, a year or even my lifetime in this body.
She is a soul, connected to mine through eternity. Beyond what this life journey lays out for me. More then I can see, explain or even imagine.
"Grief is the work of love"
I will love her through eternity and grieve her through out this entire life time.
Grief is not a bad thing, but it definitely bares the hardest of emotions.
The very ones that make us human.
The facets of the soul.
You don't travel from one stage to another. Like riding a bus, dropping a bag of this heavy luggage off at each stop. And move on to the next.
That is just not the way this works.
You carry all the baggage, all your days.
We learn HOW to carry this baggage.
This love.
We learn how to morph our human emotions into something more.
Into the deepest of love.
Accepting the whole coin, both the good and the bad.
The ultimate test in life.
To learn this.
Not to "get over it"
It's an entire soul transformation.
And we do it all on our own time.
Forever.
And I'm ok with that.
I may not be ok with how or why this happened.
But I will always be sad I can't share this life with her living.
And I'm ok with that too.
I'm doing my best.
And only need that to be accepted, supported and shared through love.
Tear those delusional pages out of the book and burn em
No.
There is no cookie cutter grief map.
There are not just 5 steps, stages or hurdles to leap.
There are more steps to grief then all the ones I take in a day, a year or even my lifetime in this body.
She is a soul, connected to mine through eternity. Beyond what this life journey lays out for me. More then I can see, explain or even imagine.
"Grief is the work of love"
I will love her through eternity and grieve her through out this entire life time.
Grief is not a bad thing, but it definitely bares the hardest of emotions.
The very ones that make us human.
The facets of the soul.
You don't travel from one stage to another. Like riding a bus, dropping a bag of this heavy luggage off at each stop. And move on to the next.
That is just not the way this works.
You carry all the baggage, all your days.
We learn HOW to carry this baggage.
This love.
We learn how to morph our human emotions into something more.
Into the deepest of love.
Accepting the whole coin, both the good and the bad.
The ultimate test in life.
To learn this.
Not to "get over it"
It's an entire soul transformation.
And we do it all on our own time.
Forever.
And I'm ok with that.
I may not be ok with how or why this happened.
But I will always be sad I can't share this life with her living.
And I'm ok with that too.
I'm doing my best.
And only need that to be accepted, supported and shared through love.
Tear those delusional pages out of the book and burn em




0 comments:
Post a Comment