Can someone please enlighten me on the "Give it to God" idea.....
I would love to know what every ones take is on this idea, really. It is one thing I just cant wrap my head around.
This is what I ponder all the time.......
If our life is planned and plotted before we come to this world, then what is "free will"?
How can we give "it" to God when he already has complete power and control?
Is "it" giving our human emotions?
How can we give what makes us what we are? What makes us human?
What keeps us connected to those we love? What we care about? I just don't get it.
To me "giving it to God" feels like giving up on caring about this world and the choices we can make to change it. Can we change it? Can we change any outcomes? Is there more than one path we can walk?
For example, IF I did go to my OB the day before instead of my MW would Stella be here?
If I chose to go down the divorce route in my marriage, was it already inevitable?
Was it inevitable that Stella died?
Do I have any choices in my life at all?
What is "free will" and what is it we give to God? Is it our "free will" we hand on over?
Is every little bit of our life already planned and prepped?
It just really doesn't make sense to me.
ten years
6 years ago



3 comments:
i have struggled with that same thought. i do still because i just don't know. sometimes i wish i knew the answer but sometimes i think it is better that i don't. i am terribly sorry you have to struggle with it and all the other stuff too.
just know you are being thought of and i wish for you some peace. {{hugs}}
Although I can't give you the answers, I can try to express how I feel on the questions you asked. Free will to me is that God has given us the choice of weather or not we decide to follow Him, how we live our lives and what we do with our time here on Earth. I don't believe that He plans everything out for us, rather that he KNOWS what we will experience. He knows the end result, what we will choose and where we will be in the end. He knows how many kids we will have, if we will stay married or get divorced, if we will choose to follow Him or succumb to evil, if we will seek Him out in troubled times, and when we just don't. I know that He always wants better for us, yet we have the free will to do what we want.
When it comes to Giving it to God... that has to be the hardest thing that I have ever done. Every situation is soooo different, but in the instance of my marriage issues, I gave it to God by staying by Jakes side and helping him work through the problems (as well as my own, he was not the only one with issues!). I am in no way telling you what you have to do, everyone has different situations and some are just BAD and can't be changed, some take so much work that it nearly drains you. I prayed ALL THE TIME. I trusted in God that things would change, and put as much energy into helping that change as I could. That is how I gave my marriage to God.
When it comes to Stella, I can't tell you if things would have been different had you done anything differently. I have no idea. I truly believe that you are a wonderful Mother, and did everything that you could, knowing when something was wrong and acting on it. I don't believe that you did anything wrong. God knows that you would have done ANYTHING to keep her here and that you love her with all that you are. Just imagine that love, because God loves you that way, you are His child!
I am not sure if my ramblings answered your question about Free Will being what we Give to God, no that is not how I see it. He gave us free will... what He wants is to take away our sadness, pain, suffering, fears... He wants to do for us what we want to do for OUR children.
I love you, little sister XOXOXOXOX
Here is my take: It is like a marriage in a way: You choose your spouse, you are not forced to marry them. God gives us the free will to follow HIm because He wants us to WANT to follow Him. He wants you to WANT to follow Him and make the right choices, but He gives you the free will to do that. I believe that God has Plans for our life as far as He knows what is going to happen if and when we are committed followers of Him(We have asked Him into our hearts). We we seek Him in prayer for guidance, instead of doing things our own way, He will lead us and guide is in the right direction. NOW< we live in a world of sin, and because of that sin bad things happen. God allows bad things to happen, but it does not mean he doesn't love us. Through bad things GREAT JOY CAN COME. Through death and even a bad marraige GOd can turn it ALL around if we seek Him and prayer and say, OK GOD, I am giving this to you. YES< It is very hard to give it to GOd. But, he can turn even bad into Good, it just takes time. I was so angry and bitter and just plain mean for a while after Bethany died, I thought my marriage was over. I had to spend A LOT of time in prayer and I had to learn to not yell, and humble myself.
I know that Free will is hard to understand, it is just that we still have a choice everyday , to follow Christ and let him Guide us in the right direction, or choice to do it all on our own! I hope some of that made some since....Still praying for you SO MUCH!!!!!
Post a Comment