Eli and I went to Kohl's today to spend some Kohl's cash and use a coupon I got in the mail. We got Eli a couple Lego toys and I found a work shirt. At check out we had an extra 5$ on the coupons so I grabbed a book off the 5$ shelf. We love books so I figured any of them we would like. When we got home I decided to give it a read to the kids. The title of the book is "Wherever You Are, My Love Will Find You". Beautifully written by Nancy Tillman.
The first paragraph in the book is:
I wanted you more than you ever will know,
so I sent love to follow you wherever you go.
The very last paragraph in the book is....
You are my angel, my darling my star......
and my love will find you wherever you are.
You are loved.
I have been having a tough couple of days. Emotionally drained and physically exhausted.
Crying has come back a few times again today, even now.
Somehow Stella knows how to reach out to me. I want so badly to have her here with me and I cant, so I need to find a way to accept and appreciate all the little moments and the love she sends me from afar.
Life has just become so bittersweet in moments like these.
If you get a chance to pick up this book from Kohl's and are missing someone who you love and loves you, grab it up. Pass it on. Gift it to someone.
I actually have someone in mind I may just pass this to who is missing her mom. She is only 9 and her mom died 3 months to the day my sweet Stella died. Her mom is like a 2nd mom to me and her older sister my best friend. I thought of both her and Stella when I read this. I received a touch of comfort and would love for her to feel some of that too.
Have a good afternoon. I am off to work..........
ten years
6 years ago




4 comments:
Oh, I have been wanting that book! Good to know it's worth it.
I will definitely try and find that book. Thank you so much for sharing it!
I bought this book to read to my Florence in quiet moments. I know she can't really hear me, but it calms my heart a little.
Love to you.
x
I just lost my grandma on Wednesday. This has been so hard. We were very close and this was so unexpected. I just found the book at Kohl's yesterday and was crying in the store. I bought it and I'm going to read it at the funeral on Monday.
- Brooke
Post a Comment