Death. We all see it one day. The end of this time here on earth. It could be in utero or old and gray laying in bed drifted off into the abyss and into Gods arms. When Stella died the obit next to hers was of a woman who was 101 when she passed, on her birthday, the same day as Stella's. They both were born and died on the same day, 1 an infant and the other 101 years of age. I kept both obits and actually keep them in my wallet with Stella's picture. A reminder that life, no matter how long or short, its really just a breath compared to what is to come after this life.
This morning I received a phone call from my best friend. She usually calls just to tell me she loves me and chat about our day or weekend. This morning was a harder call to make. She called to tell me that our good friends little sister died in a car accident early in the morning. This girl is not only our friends little sister she is a childhood neighbor, close family friend and my children's babysitter. This girl, her name is Leah. I love Leah. She is the little sister of a long time family friend and Ive known her since the day she was born. I remember the day she was born. Kimmy, her sister, was ECSTATIC to have a little sister. Just as Briana was......
I had to call Kimmy this morning and tell her what I heard. I told her to call her family and confirm this rumor because she had yet to hear of it. I paced and argued in my head, hoping it wasn't true. She called back....It is true. She died. Another little sister gone to heaven. I can picture her there with Stella holding her. She wanted to meet her so badly when I was pregnant and couldn't wait to be able to babysit her as well. She has been our babysitter since Briana was about 7, her about 14/15. She also watched Eli since he was born. She loved the kids and they adored her beyond words. She hasn't been sitting for us for awhile and we all have missed her. Now we will miss her for the rest of this life time. It was hard to break the news to Briana. She sat and cried on my shoulder for a good hour, then took off to write in her journal. She must get that from me. Writing helps me get it all out and makes it easier to understand. I hope it helps her the same. It broke my heart.
But what really hurts the MOST is that another mother is grieving her daughter. Her beautiful little 19 year old girl. This mother also had to bury her husband just about 6 years ago from an auto accident.
My heart breaks in a million pieces for this woman, this wife, this mother. Widowed and bereaved.
I remember when Leah first got her licence. Her mother was so extremely nervous. When Leah would babysit I would have her sleep over most of the time so she didn't have to risk driving home late at night, just in case. I wish I would've called her last night to babysit and sleep over. I was with her sister Kimmy at the exact time it happened last night. We were dancing and hugging and loving each others company and her sister was dying.....dead. We had no clue. NO CLUE this is what we would have to wake to. You NEVER know. Like a thief in the night death comes. It comes for us all.
I lit Stella's candle and said a prayer to Leah. I talked to her in my head and I hope she heard me.
I told her I loved her, I told her I was sorry I didn't call her to babysit. I told her to say her good byes and go to God. Go meet Stella, go hug her Dad, her good friend Raymond, her Grandmas and the rest of her family & friends awaiting her arrival and rest in eternity until we meet again. Love you girlie.
Rest in peace Leah. XOXOXO
ten years
6 years ago



6 comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss sweetie :( I'm praying for the family and friends
Rest in peace little lady.
I can't even believe it's true.
Seems so unfair. It's so sad.
I love you little sister.
<3
I'm so sorry to hear this :( Too many little sisters leaving their big sisters.
I am so sorry to hear about such a sad loss. Your family and hers are in my thoughts today. (Just wish that helped make it a little easier...).
- D
im so sad to come on your blog today and read this incredibly sad moment. thinking of you, Stella, and Leah
jen
autumns momma
This just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry.
Post a Comment