Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spoken Word Blog Post

Many of the baby loss bloggin mommas have been joining in a spoken word blog post round-up.
I knew when I first seen this, that I would participate. It took me a few days to decide what it was I wanted to say. I thought about writing something in particular for Stella's first birthday, but soon stumbled upon a peom I wrote in May called Waves.  A few takes on the camera later, I got this video.




You can find links to the other spoken word blog posts here at Still Life With Circles.

16 comments:

Stefanie said...

Thank you for sharing. My thoughts are with you as you wake up to an entire year without Stella. I pray that you find comfort within this storm. Much love and hugs.

Laura Beck said...

I'm loving how real you are. I loved your poem.
I will be thinking about you tomorrow.
sending love and strength.
xoxo

SG said...

All so true. Be extra kind to yourself tomorrow.

Jeanette said...

I'm hestiant to leave a comment, I'm not sure what to say, except you have just blown me away with your truth. You are so real in this video, I recognise so much of the hurt, and the loss, and I want to reach through the screen and hug you,but that would be weird right, because this is the first time I've visited your blog.
I hope today passes as peacefuly as it can for you and your family.Thinking of your beautiful baby girl today x

Catherine W said...

Your poem and your reading of it are both beautiful.

Where do you go from here? Such an impossibly difficult question to answer, I know I'm still trying to figure it out.

And yes, this day. For as long as I am here. When you spoke those words, I felt a chill.

Thinking of you and your beautiful daughter, Stella Grace. So loved and missed. xo

skytimes said...

Thanks for reading this beautiful poem. Thinking of you on Stella's first birthday. Will light Sky's candle for her tonight. She'll never be forgotten. xo

erica said...

I love your voice - there's such depths to it, and hearing you read those last lines of your poem, knowing that today is Stella's birthday, well, it was amazing and tremendously moving. I wish, with all my heart, that Stella was with you to celebrate her first birthday. So much love to you and your Stella Grace.

Fireflyforever said...

I hope that Stella's birthday passed gently for you - your poem was beautiful and this video blog was so honest and moving. Thank you for sharing your heart and your daughter with us.

Carly Marie said...

Tears for you Krystal and tears for your girl. Treading water. I remember that. Holding onto hope for you sweet lady, I hope her day was peaceful xxx Thank you for this x

Kate said...

Oh Krystal, this was so emotive. As all these spoken word posts are. But, that poem, and then your candid conversation afterwards. It felt like I was in room with you, sitting opposite you, listening to you speak of your beautiful Stella. She is breathtakingly beautiful. Stella is a beautiful name and one very close to my heart. 'Stella' is actually incorporated in passwords for everying I do, so, her name will be written here, everyday.
'I have to see this day for as long as I'm here' YES to that!. I'm not that far behind you with my boys 1st birthday coming up. I hope yesterday was kind to you. Love and light to you and yours Krystal. xo
PS - i've come over from Angie's project.

Stephanie said...

I just came over from Angie's project . . . and wanted to say that I relate to your sentiments. "You go on for. . . " is so perfectly said. I know all about that treading water feeling and I hope that her 1st birthday was gentler on you than you expected.

Crystal said...

I agree with what Kate posted. I loved hearing the post... but I also loved the candid conversation afterwards. I think it gave us a glimpse inside of you, as a mother. A mother, who is missing her precious baby girl. I truly believe that the idea behind Angie's round up is seen in this particular post. Thank you so much for sharing. Like Stephanie, I hope that Stella's birthday was a gentle, loving day for you and your family.

Groves said...

"You get really Heaven-sick. I know I do."

"Overwhelmed and pulled out to sea."

That is perfect. I have never heard it put quite this way - and it is perfect.

I understand. I'm so sorry. It hurts so much.

Cathy in Missouri

Holly said...

I loved the poem that you read. I hope that Stella's birthday was gentle on your heart. ♥

Chasing Rainbow said...

I am so so sorry for your loss. I looked at the date that your beautiful angel and I found it was the day that my Rainbow was born.

YOur words resonate with everything I feel about my angel, but sometimes we can't get the words out...or maybe we feel no one is listening.

Thank you for reading the beautifu poem, and I am thinking of you and your beautiful little girl (gone too soon).

xo

Hope's Mama said...

Stella is a beautiful baby and looks so much like you, mama. I hope her birthday was peaceful for you. One year, so hard.
I loved watching you read this beautiful poem.
xo

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved