Today I had an interview with an old friend from high school who is now a newspaper editor and writer. She wanted to do an article on the Walk To Remember I am holding in October in honor of children who have died through M/C, Stillbirth and Infant Death. We sat in a nearby coffee shop and talked about the Whens, Wheres and Whys of this endeavor over a couple of lattes. I got to really talk about everything I have wanted to for a long time to someone who genuinely WANTED to hear and ASKED questions. To me this was a very therapeutic experience. Something I have been wanting to do and the way it was done helped even more. I got to get my message across and see it myself through someone elses eyes. I am excited to read the article when she has it all set and printed!
A few points I got across, not only to her but even to myself, was
why I am doing things like the walk to remember and the times I did the names in the snow. I do this to 1. Help other families enduring this and 2. To help my self heal and make something, of what to me, was the ashes of a life I once had.
I am building a new life from these ashes and though this new life I am touching others in a way only someone enduring this can. Just as all those mothers before me have in helping ME!
Sometimes its hard to be grateful for all of this God has handed me. I still am hurting and would trade it all for my daughter bounding around the house in all her beautiful fluffy cloth diapers and learning how to walk. God I REALLY would. But that is NOT a choice I have. So I really need to concentrate on what I CAN do. I can help others. I can have beneficial walks to remember to bring others closer in a community, to help people enduring this find people who can help them, to show them ways to help themselves and others.
For years families have suffered in silence over these kind of deeply devastating losses. To me that is just heart breaking. Reaching out it one of the best ways to stat the healing process, or for me it was anyways. For women and men to know they're not alone. The feelings of grief are so real and your not "crazy" even though you may feel like it, and often honestly. I know this inspirational feeling i have may not be there tomorrow, i may be back in a dark hole, who knows. But I am getting there one step at a time. Holding this walk to remember is just another step in this healing process, a step I would love for so many others to join me in taking.
If you have not head about the Walk To Remember please visit the link and help if you can.
If you are in the area please consider attending.
BLOG:
http://walktoremembersewi.blogspot.com/
On FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=218767051482878
2 comments:
Krystal I love your new look. And I totally agree with everything you wrote today. I am grateful for what and who I have met along this journey, but I'd give it all back in a second to have my daughter here with me. Don't you wish it was a choice?
So great that you are doing the walk. xo ~Lindsay
Post a Comment