Emotions and experiences I really wish I had never had to endure, a side of people I really wish never existed, including myself, words I thought I would never hear from people I love and thought supported me, choices I wish I never had to make, selling things I never got to use and fully expected to.
People tell me often how negative I am bout Stella's death. And I really wish I could find a positive about it, but I have yet to even see a glimpse of one single positive that comes out of her death. For myself anyways. Sure, for her, she gets heaven, she was nothing but loved and held right next to my heart her whole life. She will never have to endure even one of these God awful emotions or burdens life brings, she will never get sick, or feel heart broken. She gets more love then I probably could have even given her, and that's what she deserves. It's a very sacrificial position, being a mother of a heaven baby.
I often wish things went differently for me with her. I personally feel it went the worst possible way it could've with out me dying myself. I don't understand why God didn't just take her at 5,10, or 12 weeks. Why at the VERY end? The exact day after her birth was paid for, every.single.little.thing prepped and ready for her arrival? Why a csection? Why couldn't I have just birthed her peacefully at home, even if she was gone?
I thought there was a chance, as did the doctors for her to live, she was alive. Why blow my hopes out of the water. Prayers go unanswered. Why can't we have an explanation to her death? Why did my midwife ditch me? Why were so many people I love so mean to me in my grief? Saying things like "I hate you like this" and " get over yourself" or "your hiding behind your grief". Why couldn't she have lived for even 10minutes, 5 minutes? Why couldn't I see her eyes? Hear her cry? She wasn't even considered "a real baby" because she didn't take a breath. Why didn't I spend more time with her? Change her clothes or bathe her? Sleep with her in my room?
I thought there was a chance, as did the doctors for her to live, she was alive. Why blow my hopes out of the water. Prayers go unanswered. Why can't we have an explanation to her death? Why did my midwife ditch me? Why were so many people I love so mean to me in my grief? Saying things like "I hate you like this" and " get over yourself" or "your hiding behind your grief". Why couldn't she have lived for even 10minutes, 5 minutes? Why couldn't I see her eyes? Hear her cry? She wasn't even considered "a real baby" because she didn't take a breath. Why didn't I spend more time with her? Change her clothes or bathe her? Sleep with her in my room?
Why couldn't I have a rainbow? Support from who I needed it most, and why could'nt they just give to me what I needed because they loved me that much? Family and friends who could understand that I hurt, and tell me it was ok?
A job that was compassionate and understanding and not cold and cruel?
There were people who were loving and understanding, and I did, and still do appreciate that, deeply. I know they all know who they are. But it was honestly few and far between. Many times complete strangers were more compassionate and sensitive then my own family was sometimes. The harshness occured more as time moved past her, like she was some bad disease I needed to just heal from and be over with. I don't feel I ever really dwelled too much on all the horridness of this, I lived my life still, I smiled, laughed, enjoyed things. But like a big empty hole, she was always missing from the picture. She will always have a string tied to my heart that leads to her in heaven. I know I cant tug on it too much, that will only hurt me.
The last week has rehashed many of these feelings I'm writing about too. My husbands cousin ( I personally consider her as mine too, as we are close to her and her family, closer then even I am with my own cousins really) had a little boy Caleb. He was diagnosed with excencephally early in the pregnancy and god bless her heart to carry him to term. She was able to spend 2 hours with him earth side. Honestly, I've been jealous of that. I know it's pretty damn selfish, but it's honest. She was able to make this horrible experience into something beautiful and strong. As for me, I was slapped in the face at the very end and feel robbed and haven't taken any of it gracefully.
The last week has rehashed many of these feelings I'm writing about too. My husbands cousin ( I personally consider her as mine too, as we are close to her and her family, closer then even I am with my own cousins really) had a little boy Caleb. He was diagnosed with excencephally early in the pregnancy and god bless her heart to carry him to term. She was able to spend 2 hours with him earth side. Honestly, I've been jealous of that. I know it's pretty damn selfish, but it's honest. She was able to make this horrible experience into something beautiful and strong. As for me, I was slapped in the face at the very end and feel robbed and haven't taken any of it gracefully.
I've learned to live with my angst, this hole, I've picked up the pieces and just learned to live with the mess. What else can you do? On top of that, I've been selling Stella's belongings. This has not been easy to say the least. Especially selling her diaper stash. That is one lot of items I've had a strong attachment to. I spent a lot of money, time and love collecting them, to never use them and sell them off for FAR less then they are worth to me. So a rehash of emotions on that front have also been into play recently.
It sucks.
All these things I need to let go of. Emotions, dreams, aspirations, hopes. Poof. Gone.
As Angie said, it was the worst magic trick anyone or anything could play on me. On us.
So, here I am, just learning to get over it, to live with it and deal with it.
I stopped writing here for awhile so others wouldn't know these feelings that still fester with in.
Not as strong, not as obvious, not as raw.
But it's love, longing and my missing of her that still dwells with in.
It is hard to hold onto someone who is so close to your heart yet so far out of reach.
But it's love, longing and my missing of her that still dwells with in.
It is hard to hold onto someone who is so close to your heart yet so far out of reach.
It's difficult to let go of the dreams you had, the things or ones you want in your life. The possibilities you sacrifice for the ones you love, just because you love them. Not that they would ever do the same for you, just because you love them.
You just get over yourself.
It's a daily task at that.
A choice I have to make every morning.
A choice I have to make every morning.
And some days I just want to spend a little time with my littlest, my Stella. In my grief blanket, soaked in tears.
And please don't tell me it's not ok.
I'm getting there, wherever it is you prefer me to be. Not where I wanted to be.
It does still rain, even when the sun shines.
Over 2 1/2 years seems so far away from her, like its expected that I be over her death all together. 100% back to Krystal, who I sued to be before life was blown apart by the atomic bomb.
So, I try and be where everyone else expects me to be. And when I wallow, i wallow alone, just me and Stella wrapped in a blanket woven out of pure love so deep, only her and I could understand. So only her and I are there.
Then after I've had my time with her, I fold that blanket up, place it in the deepest part of my heart, lock it, and move on until the next time I need a little love from her.
I miss her and I always will.
Triggers are not as harsh, although they still are.
Pain is not as raw, but the scar is still there.
There are more good days then bad, but the bad days still exist.
Pain is not as raw, but the scar is still there.
There are more good days then bad, but the bad days still exist.



6 comments:
We are never the same after an experience like this. Honoring Stella and you as Stella's mom.
You will never be who you were before. It took me a long time to realize this and even longer to accept it (though I don't think I've fully accepted that part even now). If people don't understand that, then so be it. A true friend will realize it's impossible to be who you used to be and will accept you as you are.
the end of your post brought tears to my eyes. I can relate to so much of this. Letting go of their things is so hard. I find myself some days being jealous even when someone's rainbow is a girl, who longed for and said they "needed" another girl. That's what I thought....and to be honest some days I still struggle with it. I love my little man more than words, but part of me goes back to that time in my life when I so desired another girl and I can feel the hurt. I can't explain it....but you probably get what I mean. Hope your funk is gone soon, Mine keeps coming and going.
I can relate to everything you have said. You are not alone.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter, Stella Grace.
I remember your posts about Stella's Stash from this project last year. I know it must have pained you terribly to sell them, all those things collected and prepared with so much love for your little girl.
I'm so sorry that circumstances meant that you didn't get any time with your baby girl. It does seem so very cruel. I don't think it is selfish to be jealous of the time your husband's cousin was able to spend with her son. I think we all wish for so many things to have been different for us and for our babies.
It is difficult when there is often so little understanding from friends, family and from employers. I know that I have often felt kind of hurried along somehow, as though I should be back to 'normal' by now. They don't realise that I have entirely forgotten the person that I used to be and I will never go back to the way that I was before.
I loved your description of your heart tied by a string that leads to Stella in heaven. Always loved and forever missed x
Stella was a real baby. I wish that none of us had to live in a world without our child/children. Sending hope and hugs to you, Stella, your cousin and Caleb.
Post a Comment